- 1 lb Gaspar’s Chouriço cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can small white beans (cannellini beans or white kidney beans)
- 1 small can of mushrooms (or 1 cup fresh sliced)
- 1 can cut green beans or 1 box frozen
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 ozs small shells (or other small macaroni)
In large (8 quart) stock pot lightly saute onion and garlic in oil until soft (do not brown). Add Chouriço, saute and stir while opening and draining cans. Add all the beans, mushrooms, and bouillon cubes then cover with water (approximately 12 cups). Cover pan and bring to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until tender. Serves 8.
This easy and hearty soup tastes best second day so there is no need to worry about leftovers! It also can be prepared in advance and heated on stove or microwave.